Re: Electrix/IVL petition

--- Mark Sottilaro <sine@zerocrossing.net> wrote:

> Soooooo, to answer your question, I couldn't imagine a 1.2 OS to be
> worse than the 1.1 (though it's a possibility, I agree)

If it was work in progress which hadn't been integration tested, it's
more likely then the potential for getting something that fully
functioned. Having worked in software development and test for years,
interum versions of released products are frequently unstable, often
highly unstable. I truly doubt getting their last development build
would be something we'd want.

> At this point, I probably would pay a bit for the bug fix, but
> I don't think I should have to.

IF the bug fix was ready for prime time... I'd pay a smallish fee for
an update.

> I would probably pay a few hundred for
> an upgrade that had a few of my big "wish list" items on it that was
> stable.

I'd also be willing to pay for an upgrade. I don't think I'd pay more
then $100 for it, but I'd be willing to pay that much.

Perhaps an answer would be for IVL/Electrix would be to spin off the
software development to a smaller independant company, similar to how
Auresis/Gibson (Oberheim,etc) have their arrangement. Smaller companies
can be more nimble and have lower overhead. Of course, software the
relies on a specific hardware platform wouldn't be very viable unless
the hardware remained available.

I wonder how many Repeaters have been sold so far?

Greg