Re: Electrix/IVL petition

Just start/stop (wish I could get it to send the Repeater into record
when I start a beat, but I don't think so) pitch shift and beat, I'm
afraid.  I automate the drums (unless I'm playing with Gerard, our DJ,
and then he deals with it) and I pretty much just take clock from the
307.  I'm curious to see how your experimentation goes.  I wish I had
the time to dig deeper into the drummachine/ Repeater relationship.

Mark Sottilaro

On Wednesday, July 17, 2002, at 07:42  PM, Goddess wrote:

>   Mark, out of curiocity, what functions on the Repeater do you control
> with the MC-307?  I'm needing to control which loop is played, and
> fading.
> So I want to switch loops at different times during a sequence, and then
> fade out at the end.  Is this possible with the MC-307?  -Thanks
> bunches...
>
> Smiles,
>
> G-Girl
>
> At 12:15 AM 7/16/02 -0700, you wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> I don't think the 307 is newer, just "the next model up."  It does
>> indeed send CC messages, so I keep it on a separate midi channel to
>> keep
>> it from driving the Repeater nuts.  I'm not sure if it sends program
>> change... but you can probably read about it in the manual, which is a
>> .pdf download at www.rolandus.com
>>
>> I really do like the 307, for the most part.  I wish it had velocity
>> sensitive pads for programming, but I bought a cheap midi controller
>> that does the trick.  It's got some pretty cool sounds.  A lot have
>> criticized it, and there aren't very many great acoustic sounds, but
>> very nice "odd" stuff.  Probably similar to the 303.  Other nice
>> features are it's tempo slider, which can be set to act like a
>> turntable, or just affect tempo or pitch separately, which the repeater
>> will chase.  Fun.  Since OS 1.1, I've never had tempo synch issues with
>> the 307 driving the Repeater.
>>
>> Mark Sottilaro
>>
>> On Monday, July 15, 2002, at 11:19  PM, Goddess wrote:
>>
>>>   Mark, you mentioned the Groove Box, and I was curious, since I'm
>>> using
>>> Repeaters with an MC-303 currently, and am planning very soon, to
>>> upgrade
>>> to the 505, how well  it synches?  I'm also curious if the 307 is
>>> newer
>>> than the 505 and how it's feature set would compare, if you have an
>>> idea.
>>> Lastly, does it send Program change messages, and CC messages?...  The
>>> 303
>>> doesn't.  Go figure!...  lol!  -Thanks bunches, for any info you can