OT: a nice review

Hi all...just got back from a cross-country trek (played solo looping
shows
in Utah, Nebraska, South Dakota, Idaho, wyoming...all the places we
looper's
don't usually get to (unless there is a Snake River LoopFest in the works
that I have not heard of....)
All the shows were warmly recieved, even tho I was more than once greeted
with the (somewhat expected) "how'd you do that?"  Nontheless, it was a
gas,
and a relative success.
Just wanted to congratulate all the Y2K2 Loopers...I wish I coulda been
there!  And another big salute to Rick!

Oh..to the point.  I found my new CD reviewed at bassically.net, and
thought
I might share with you (since everyone here seems to enjoy posting their
reviews!)

"From Ekstasis Productions comes bassist Max Valentino's debut solo
project,
A Caravan of Dreams. On his first self-produced outing, Valentino paints
haunting soundscapes, explores exotic Middle Eastern flavors, and reveals
hints of Spanish vibes. Utilizing his instrument of choice, the Godin A4
acoustic bass guitar, throughout the majority of the tracks, and
state-of-the-art sound processing technology, Valentino has assembled a
thoughtfully textured collection of multi-dimensional, looped-based
compositions. While most of the tracks found on this recording are based
on
live improvisations, you'd never be able to tell it. These tracks sound so
good, it seems like Valentino's dense orchestrations were meant to be.
Although some tracks are developed into seriously interwoven electronic
arrangements, Valentino's acoustic bass guitar lends an organic feel
throughout his music. Unlike the rut in which many of today's contemporary
bass loopers find themselves falling into, Valentino is able to maintain
the
listeners attention from start to finish. Valentino's compositions are all
wide ranging in sounds, styles, and textures. During his sonic
exhibitions,
Valentino demonstrates his skills as a composer by producing completely
eclectic, unaccompanied compositions with intense chordal workouts,
slapping, two-handed tapping, and traditional fingerstyle techniques. Lush
chordal sequences, lyrically improvised melodic phrases, and
percussive-laden figures are all infused into this recording. A complete
track listing includes: "Into That Still Dark Night", "Alegria", "Here &
Now", "Djam Karet", "Drifting", "A Caravan of Dreams", "Farfetched",
"Anika's Tune", "Hidden Roads", "Ghost Town", and "Into That Still Dark
Night (Reprise)." Bottom Line: With his debut release, A Caravan of
Dreams,
Max Valentino has redefined the future of solo bass performance.
Emotionally
evocative, wholly musical, and technically awe-inspiring best describe
this
recording."

The CD is heavily loop-laden, which is barely mentioned here, but then
again
it is a bass-site.
Nonetheless, it was a good thing to come home to.
Max