Re: Loop strategies

>hear on old tv sitcoms. The idea came from an attempt I made to create an
>answering machine message where I learned how to phonetically say the
>message in reverse and then flipped it over. ie. Hello my name is Bill
>pronounced: lliB si eman ym olleH. If I'm not mistaken I believe David
>Lynch used this same technique for the midget's voice on Twin Peaks.

Have I ever mentioned this silly exploit I did in college with somebody's
mini tape dictation machine?  It was in the mid-1970s, and it was a
handheld device that used micro-cassettes.

Another guy had been using it for notes, and one of our drinking buddies
then went and recorded rude remarks into the middle of that.  So, you'd
have whatever academic notes were being spoken, then another voice saying,
"And eat my shorts."

The tape device had a rewind mode that kept the play head engaged, so when
I was rewinding, I noticed the interruptions, which sounded roughly like
"stoltz yawm ghi."

I practiced saying "stoltz yawm ghi" in a slow, deep voice, and recorded
this over and over onto a tape.

So then I had something I could run up to a person with, point at them like
a phaser and which would emit an uncannily whining, phaser-like
"EatMyShorts!EatMyShorts!EatMyShorts! ..."
---
* just-john@just-john.com  http://just-john.com/cn/rfe.shtml *