RE: Loop approach: Loop as effect

At 5:38 PM -0400 7/22/02, Liebig, Steuart A. wrote:
>** this makes a lot of sense to me. the whole thing is the
>instrument. (i sorta joke that with all my pedals and such, i'm
>really doing more of a modular synth thing with the bass being the
>tone generation than anything else . . . )

Indeed. One world, one love, one piece of gear. (from a sign in the
closet at Hyde Street Studios ca. 1982).

I also include recording and editing equipment in the big modular
instrument loop. To me looping is sort of live multitrack production,
like effects manipulation is sort of live luthiery. The
instrument/effect distinction being discussed seems to have more to
do with the how than the what. ever.