Re: computer fan noise

I bought a Carillon computer (Barebones 2.5) a few months ago, and it's
amazingly quiet.  The fan noise is really low, and the hard drives are
virtually silent.  The fan in the CD-R drive is as noisy as any, but you
shouldn't be trying to burn CDs while you're recording anyway.

You could probably use the same (or similar) components that they do (as
listed on their website) and build one yourself, but I think the heavy
steel chassis contributes a lot to how quiet it is.  I have no regrets
about paying a little extra, though - it actually worked right out of
the box :)

-Hans