Re: loops w/ live groups

>Although I have the deepest respect for Fripp and his approach to looping,
I >suppose what really interests me is the use of loops with a live
band--you know, >not just soundscapes and drones, but also more rhythmical
loops.  However, >getting these to sync up to a drummer (or vice versa) can
be a bit of a challenge, at >least to a relatively new "loopist".  I just
figured I'd throw this question out there and >hopefully get some help: any
tips on syncing loops up with a real drummer (the first >track off of the
Bruford Levin Upper Extremities cd is a great example)?  Right now >I'm
using a Jamman (thanks Mark!), so the possibility of taking advantage of
>MIDI could work, if it supplied a click track for my drummer...

The only thing that has worked for me so far is to provide the drummer with
a good monitor feed of the loop, and make sure they don't suck. There are
no
fancy technical tricks that I have found to work. Besides having the
drummer
play to a metrnome, instead of the real loop is no fun for the drummer...