Re: David Torn EDP manual

I'm sorry Claude, but I've got to call you on this one.  No presence of
Matthais
and Kim or this list is an excuse for a poorly laid out manual.  (though
much
appreciated!) Unlike the Repeater, the EDP does not have an intuitive
interface.
Plain and simple.  I was able to start using the Repeater's basic
functions without
looking at it's manual.  Kudos to Electrix, my they rest in peace.  That's
OK, I've
owned Yamaha DX7s.  I can handle it.  But to criticize me because I'm
hoping for a
clear and easy to understand manual is ludicrous.  I'm not the first to
complain
about it, it seems pretty universal.

And yeah, I'm 37 years old.  Not much time left.  Lot's of music to make.
The less
I spend trying to figure out a piece of gear and the more I spend playing,
the
better.  I'm not expecting to know the entire functionality of the EDP
overnight,
but having to go from page 11 to 71 just to learn how I can control the
EDP via
MIDI, is silly.  A reference manual is not a substitution for a regular
manual, but
an addition.  All the functionality should be explained in the main
manual, and
short alphabetical descriptions of each function should reside the the
reference
manual.

Mark Sottilaro