Re: OT: Eventide H3500 question

At 4:09 PM +0200 7/31/02, Italo De Angelis wrote:
>Richard is THE man!
>Thanks

I'll accept that title when it comes to some aspects of the H3000. ;-)

Although Bob Belcher and Ken Bogdanowicz are "the men" behind this
(and more recent) Eventide, I spent many many hours up to my elbows
in the MIDI code of the H3000. I made a complete editor, using Max,
and learned to parse the sysex dumps for all the algorithms and
implemented real-time MIDI control of (almost) all the parameters
(not just the ones in the MIDI patching tables).

One body of "secret lore" that I was forced to compile was an
accurate list of the IDs needed to control the parameters. There are
a great many errors in the manual, so people endeavoring to use the
Nonregistered Parameter method to control the H3000 might have some
trouble.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com