Re:

To this gigantic question I say click on this link:

http://www.loopersdelight.com/tools/tools.html

Good luck, there's a lot to think about.  It may be better to play with
a few if you can, and find out what features you'd like for your music.
Most consider the Echoplex Digital Pro from Gibson to be the best thing
out there, but it really depends on what you're trying to achieve.

Mark Sottilaro