Re: sample based looping vs. delay looping

On Friday, August 9, 2002, at 06:08 PM, Mark Sottilaro wrote:

> Huh, that's not at all what I'm hearing.  I agree that what you're
> describing would be annoying, even in the music that I do, but I'm just
> getting a slight volume fluxuation.  No "click".

I think what I am hearing is a volume fluctuation, but to me, it adds a
beat to the loop - hence why I called it a click (am I making sense?).
It introduces rhythm into a space where I dont want it... I'll try and
record an mp3 of what my playing sounds like on the DL4, and try the
same using a pre-recorded empty loop on the Repeater.

> What I'm talking about sounds to me like a 40 msec slight increase in
> volume.

To me, it sounds much more than that.... I'll definitely have to upload
a sample.

> Could it be that some boxes have different issues?

Possible. I've read on the Electrix forums some strange problems that
other people have had that I have not experienced.

> Could it be the CFC card?

I doubt it. I've tried two (both 32Mb Scandisk), and the problem is
still there. :(

I'm thinking seriously about getting an Echo Pro.... a rack mounted
version of my beloved DL4. I know it does not have midi sync for the
loops, but the freedom that the unit offers in its sheer simplicity is
amazing. Anyone know if the loop sampler is in stereo?

--
Stuart Wyatt - Solo String Project
http://www.solostring.com