Re: tools of the trade | lo-fi looper!

And, I suggest, the Lo-Fi Loop Junky "features" list is something all
loopists can all enjoy and appreciate with a smile!

Lo-Fi Loop Junky -- What it does and features it has:

1] Records up to 20 seconds of your performance.

2] Allows you to initiate and finish a recording at any moment with a stomp
switch, when activated.

3] Begins looping a few thousandths of a second after the record process is
finished.

4] Remembers your loop even when unplugged or with the battery removed, for
up to 100 years.

5] Has true bypass.

6] The true-bypass switch initiates loop playback from the sample's
beginning at any time.

7] Has vibrato with speed and depth controls, allowing a
vibrato/chorus/Leslie-like shimmer.

8] Has very slow vibrato speed for warped-record effects, to very fast for
jiggly playback.

9] Has real clocked-analog recording with no analog-to-digital conversion.

10] Records using velvety compression for a smooth organ-like sound.

11] Allows overdriven recording of storage cells using 'record level'
control.

12] Has a tone control that rolls off hiss and other annoying artifacts for
burbling, mellow samples.

13] Has hiss! Lots of it! It's analog, remember, with no noise-reduction,
and it's lo-fi. 8^)

14] Has very limited frequency response. Nothing above 2.6 kHz. Brick-wall
filtering.

15] Has a safety-switch to protect a favorite sample from being recorded
over accidentally.

16] Plays back at any volume, louder than your direct guitar if you wish.

17] Has a gorgeously transparent guitar preamp built-in to give your direct
guitar a glistening finish.

18] Really small footprint, like a fuzz factory.

19] Draws as little as 2 mA from the battery when in bypass mode, and about
12 mA when activated.

20] Smells great.

21] Features aliasing artifacts, distortion, hiss, out-of-tune effects,
strange behavior, and long battery life.

22] Allows loop erasure during bypass, resulting in a looping hiss sample.

23] Never sounds like what you played into it. Always alters the original
tone and dynamics.

24] No learning curve! Five simple knobs, two stomp-switches for bypass and
record, and a safety switch.

25] Has simple LED status indicator. Lights up solid while recording,
blinks
once at the end of every loop. Stops in bypass mode.