New clips posted + thoughts on looping and tempo manipulating

Hi list,

Two short excerpts of tenor saxophone improvisations posted at
http://www.loopboy.tk, clips named "Sins".

I've been visiting my old parents this summer, in a tiny Swedish hut, and
occasionally locked myself up in a room with sax, EDO, Repeater and a Casio
stereo DAT two track recorder.

The coolest thing with the REPEATER/Repeater combo MILO is that you can
change the EDO 8th/cycle on the fly while playing (by FIB midi PC to zap
between EDO programs of different setups). And, when slaved, Repeater then
catches up beautifully to the changing tempo - performing very musical
retardant and accelerando (while processing the trimesters). I was really
amazed by this ;-)  You can hear this happening a lot in the Sins clips.

For a long time I have been missing the ability to do retardant stuff when
improvising with loppers and this is great news to me! Too bad Repeater is
discontinued (I've spotted one to buy as "spare part", if I could only find
the money). Anyway, I guess you can do tempo changing things with two midi
clock synced Epps as well. But the slaved EDO won't do a ritardando, but
lock to the new tempo dead on - right? I cannot check this out as I only
have one EDP.

Are there others on the list that have worked out methods to manipulate
tempo on the fly, while improvising? I am especially interested in learning
how you combine synced looping units to create polyrhythmic patterns.

And the LOOP4 really rocks! I just wish I could find a midi foot controller
for the sustain commnds.

Best wishes

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se