Re: Messing with Tron

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Sottilaro" <sine@zerocrossing.net>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2002 15:53 PM
Subject: Re: Messing with Tron

> On Monday, August 19, 2002, at 10:25  PM, Chris Richards wrote:
>
> > <<With the help of my pal Rachel on devices,
> > we'll attempt to rescore the classic Sci-Fi thriller:
> > TRON. >>
> >
> > And what, may I ask is wrong with the Wendy
> > Carlos score the movie already has?
>
> Nothing at all, it's totally great.  However, it's some sweet eye candy
> to show for those of us with little stage presence.
>
> > Or you going
> > to simply play your own arrangements of the
> > Carlos score (and the two Journey songs?) or are
> > you doing something of your creation?
>
> I have not forgiven Neil Schon since he let Steve Perry join the band...

Was that somewhere round 76-77 by any chance?  I went to see Journey with
Starcastle opening up for them at the old Palladium in NYC in 77 - going
mainly for Starcastle actually (great light show, by the way) - and walked
out after 20 minutes of Journey's set.  It was a roar that changed pitch,
and not much else.  I remember thinking of their set as not much more than
sonic masturbation.  I liked Mouse/Griffin's covers though.

Hell, in comparison, I enjoyed DNA more. :)

Stephen P. Goodman
EarthLight Productions
*
http://www.earthlight.net/Studios - The Free Loop of the Week!