Re: Santanas looping bassist

>   I actually think alot of guitarists in particular don't even like
>longer
>delays.  One reason for this might be a fear factor at the idea of having
>what one plays repeated back at them instantaneously in a large enough
>part
>so that it now becomes like listening to one's self from a tape or
>recording device rather than just playing.  This could be fear of making a
>mistake which then gets repeated back to them, or the idea of tape
>shyness,
>which  tends, however to go away, with more experience.  Another possible
>point of contention might be that  the guitarist might feel they need to
>wait for the delayed loop to finish before playing again, since they may
>be
>used to simply playing a single line in a steady stream.  -and may feel
>that adding more sound might be somewhat confusing or hard to follow.
>-just my thoughts...
>
>Smiles,
>
>CQ

interesting thoughts...
reminds me that guitar is not the most apropriate instrument for looping!
for me it is perfect, because I was always more into the melodic
expression.
But for a "rhythm guitar" player, it does not help much, does it?
Much better for solo instruments like voice or woodwinds
Or percussion!

interesting also, that the "mirror effect" which I find the most
fascinating about looping, can be scary, annoying for someone not
used to himself. For such person there is probably no other way than
getting used sooner or later, but a sales person or a star musician
may not be the appropriate help for this step...
I still think there is a whole range of therapeutic use of loops
which is not explored!
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org