RE: Repeater spotted for sale

Hi -c-,

I don't know if I really do understand what you want/need to do with a
looper, but let me put it this way: for creating weird sonic textures, the
Repeater might not be the best thing you could get. If in your synth-only
setup, polyphonic loops can be covered by the pattern sequencers of your
other devices, a Repeater with its great feature of realtime
pitch-shift/time compression and of four separate tracks is of little use.
do not have a EDP myself, so my scope on its functions vs a Repeater is
somewhat limited to what I heard from other people; I do however know that
do lots of stuff with the Repeater which are impossible both with a Line6
EchoPro and an EDP - mainly for the fourtrack stuff, which I do use all the
time, and which involves recording effected synth parts and syncing them to
a running pattern sequencer (not the other way round, though, for reasons
amply covered onlist in recent times). If I would be faced with the
decision
to either get an EDP or a Repeater for use in a synth-only setup with lots
of pattern sequencers which allow for great realtime work, I'd most
probably
opt for the EDP. And I still make heavy use of my DL4, though not as a
looper, but for its delay effects (although I started to replicate some of
its effects using a FireworX).

I use the Repeater mostly for "acoustic" instruments, so I do not really
know if my heavy use of it would apply to your use - most of my synth
basses
are actually Vbasses, looped with a repeater. I couldn't do most of the
music I play today without a Repeater - on the other hand, I did great
stuff
back when my only loopers were a DL4 and a Headrush...

Why have both (or three of them): The Repeater can do things the Echoplex
can't do, and even four Echoplexes can't do. The EDP can do things the
Repeater can't do. The DL4 (or EchoPro) can't to anything the EDP or
Repeater can't do loopwise, and it can't do a lot of things which are
regarded a must for a "serious" looper (like MIDI-syncing, variable
feedback,...) - but it is a great tool for its delay models, and the looper
is a nice addition to the repertoire

        Rainer

(sorry for being not much of a help)

Rainer Straschill