Re: Do you even know the definition of the word influential?!

<<I think the key is that he "did" expose them.
as in Past Tense. That was decades ago. Everybody
who was going to be influenced by that already
was. New people today are not getting interested
in looping because of Fripp or Eno.>>

Again, I have to argue your point. First of all,
I first heard of Fripp and Eno (and the various
musical projects they've been involved in over
the years) back around 84 or so. I read about
Adrian Belew in the January 84 issue of Guitar
Player. I had heard of King Crimson prior to this
(largely because I knew that Greg Lake and John
Wetton both had been in the group...at the time,
I knew of Lake and Wetton primarily via their
connection with Asia) but really didn't know
their music. I saw the Sleepless video and a King
Crimson concert on MTV, and was immediately taken
by the band. Subsequently, I read about
Frippertronics in various music magazines. The
idea of looping immediately grabbed my attention.
It wasn't long after this that I acquired Fripp's
Let The Power Fall (I wish I still had it, I
don't think I've ever seen it on CD) and Under
Heavy Manners/God Save The Queen. I also have
several of the Soundscapes performances. Point
being: not everyone who is influenced by Fripp
heard his music "decades ago", and in fact, most
of the really big influence he has on my playing
really only during the 90's, when I got some of
the live Crimson recordings from the 71-74 era
lineups. It was then that I first heard the
classic Fripp "laser beam" fuzztone lead sound
that really had a big impact on me.

Also,  you seem to insinuate that young people
don't listen to progressive rock or "classic"
rock performers. This simply isn't true. While
it's admittedly not as popular with the younger
crowd as it was in 1973, I still see plenty of
young people at prog concerts I've attended over
the last few years. This summer, at NEARfest
(that's the North East Art Rock Festival, held in
Trenton, NJ back in June), I met a family who had
a young girl who was about 8 or so. I was curious
to know if she was "dragged" to the show by her
parents or if she was genuinely into this kind of
music. Turns out it was the latter, and that in
fact, when she heard that Hackett was going to be
at NEARfest, it was SHE who wanted to go. And I
see lots of teenagers at various shows. So, I'm
sure there's still 18 year old guitarists,
drummers and whatever who are hearing records
like No Pussyfooting, or Fripp's Soundscapes
records or whatever, and having their ideas of
what can be done with music be re-arranged.

=====
May you never thirst!
The Scuba Diver Presently Known As Chris

"What do you get when you give a yo-yo to a flock of flamingos?"-James
Earl Jones