When the list meets the real world

O people,

It certainly is interesting to come back from a five-day, 1,000-mile
Echoplex tour to read a few hundred messages about looping endorsements,
lessons, in-depth feature comparisons, and technology popularization
(with one's own name flying about many of those threads, none the less).
 Veddy interrestink.

Huge thanks to everyone who came to a gig/clinic, bought a CD, hosted an
event, and/or had me in for a private lesson.  It's immensely
appreciated, and extremely helpful - both in terms of moral support, as
well as the sheer accomplishment of being able to pull a very reasonable
profit from a few days of EDP evangelising.  It's very rewarding to see
the wheels start turning in people's heads as all of those functions and
parameters start revealing themselves, and very gratifying to be able to
cover some basic costs of living by doing so.

My EDP has worked fine since the infamous "none more black" reset
purgatory gig, so the most likely culprit there is sketchy wiring in a
rather run-down building in San Fran's Tenderloin district.  (Such are
the occupational hazards of "new music" venues, eh?)

This has been an amazing week in the Bay Area (and the session this
afternoon in Hollywood), full of old and new friends, a lot of
information exchanged, a lot of tremendous professional connections made
utterly by accident, some half-way decent music that somehow managed to
escape from my amp, and some of the worst traffic I've ever had to sit
through...  (I'm sorry, but I refuse to acknowledge a several-mile
stretch of surface streets running through San Fransicso as anything
even remotely resembling the 101 freeway.  My Gawd...)

I will write more after I've caught up on half a week's worth of sleep,
and/or have some semblance of a coherent thought to add... which of
course means you're in for quite a wait.  I know, I know... your prayers
answered at last!

Most best,

--Andre LaFosse
[insert self-signifying URL here]