Re: Pattern Sequencers

I've never done it, but my MC-307 would probably work well if you just
turned
down the click track.  It's easy to get in and out of record without
stopping.
There's no feedback control though.  You can, however, control the volume
of
each track, as well as mute tracks and even mute groups of drums (ie
snares)
This can all be done in real time record, or step record. (ala TR-808)

I bet someone's made something like this using Max though.  Without a mac
laptop I've never explored it though.

Mark Sottliaro