Re: CHECKING IN (Monterey Bay/San Jose)

on 8/25/02 9:01 PM, Rick Walker/Loop.pooL at GLOBAL@cruzio.com wrote:

> 1)where you live

Scotts Valley, CA (about 10 miles from the current looping capital in Santa
Cruz)

> 2)where you would like to perform (a city or a region)

Anywhere within about a 3 or 4 hour drive. I would consider travelling
further -- up to 8 hours or so -- depending on the event. For example, I'd
love to play Tedfest in Ashland.

> 3) whether you have the desire to perform in any other region (many
>people
> who played the Y2K2 LOOPFEST in Santa Cruz, California made the festival
>an
> excuse to take a vacation.  Some even flew in from elsewhere to do so.

Gear transport is probably a limiting factor otherwise I'd be more
enthusiastic. (I might try harder to resolve the issues for an event in Ann
Arbor.)

> 4)  would you be willing to host a fellow looper or loopers at a local
>venue
> (by producing the event yourself) if they came in from out of town to
>play a
> show with you-----   the mini-looping festival approach.

Probably difficult for me to find time to organize while working my day
job.

> 5)  would you be willing to put a performer up at your home during the
> length of their stay (not to exceed 3 months........no, just joking)

With enough warning, I could probably persuade my wife to accept a guest.

Mark