Lo Fi Looping

Regarding the fairly recent post concerning the ZVEX LoFi looper...

It seems to me that he is certainly using the Information Storage Devices
chip (also sold by Radio Shack).  I remember that there was some discussion
here on that chip and it's possibilities a long time back.

Has anyone had some experience utilizing that technology?  I'm considering
developing a bank of such simple loopers.  The spec sheets are probably
enough, but if anybody has done it, it might save some grief, and if I do
this thing I'll be happy to post results/schematics, etc.  I mean, the chip
is like 10 bucks--loop for less if you can!

Many thanks,

David Lee Myers
http://www.pulsewidth.com