Re: OT: Re: Holdsworh Pickups

--- ArsOcarina@aol.com wrote:

> Maybe not the same thing but Seymour Duncan still makes the SH-AH-1
> Holdsworth Model on a custom order basis. It was developed by Seymour
> for Allan -- who used them pretty exclusively 'til Carvin made him a
> signature
> guitar and whole the endorsement deal had to change. Duncan doesn't
> make guitars alas, nor amps (anymore) either.

Actually, I'd love to try one of those Holdsworth model guitars
(FatBoy) that Carvin makes. Not enough to buy one just to play it for a
few minutes (and pay shipping both ways if I didn't like it), but if I
was in SoCal I might go to their store and check it out.

Apparently their endorsers actually play the instruments. I know a guy
who's friends with Bunny Brunell and he says he's never seen Bunny with
anything except one of his signature Carvin basses.

Greg