Re: EDP and a BIG burst of static/hiss

The EDP software is held in an Eprom, which does not, and cannot ever
get written to in the EDP, it is read only.   In a pc boot sectors can
get corrupted on hard drives, for various reasons like media Thermal
asperities, grown defects, contamination, or anything affecting the
track misregistration budget, or being overwritten accidentally by
offtrack or other reasons , but Eproms do not fail in this manner.

If this boot issue was in software (as a bug, or software design
defect), we would all see it, and it would be repeatable and
consistent.

I use Caig 100% liquid deoxIT (aka r5 power booster) to clean and
protect the contacts of the ram, rom and other socketed chips in the
edp.  This can be followed by using Caig preservIT if your equipment
where there is a high degree of humidity, sulfur, salts, acids, etc. in
the air.
http://support.caig.com/

On a different but related note, I recently had an EDP with SEVERE
harmonic distortion, on both dry and delay signals.  Cleaning the input
pot resolved this completely.
bret