Re: EDP and a BIG burst of static/hiss

Wow, that's a great insight into the behind the scenes world of the EDP.
Thank
you so much.  It's so nice to get the actual story and not some bit of
marketing propaganda. (Hello Electrix!...oh wait... you're dead, right...)
Anyway, I've worked in consumer electronics repair and I know how hard it
is to
chase down intermittent problems.

Andre, have you given your memory a bath?  All that LA smog can't be good
for
such things.  I'm going to go home and continue testing my unit to make
sure
the fix holds.

I kind of wondered how you guys were still getting that RAM.  I used to
use a
stick of it as a keychain.  HA!  That worries me.  I don't know of such
things,
but how hard would it be to change to a different memory configuration?
How
are you doing on that processor?  Hell, I'm still waiting for the EDP
Super +
with stereo looping.  Maybe I should track down some of these SIMMs now,
while
they still exist, just in case...

Thanks again,

Mark Sottilaro