Re: Feedback Pedal

At 4:13 PM +0100 9/16/02, one less than none wrote:
>i connect my fv-50L with a ono cable to the feedback jack and it works
>fine
>i also use out 1

In that case the EDP must be wired differently from most of the
devices I'm familiar with. I know that there are expression pedals
with 2-conductor cables and TS plugs, such as the Line6  EX1. In this
case the CV would be attached to the sleeve and returned to the tip.

This dual wiring standard is one of the biggest small problems I've
encountered recently, and there's much confusion about it. There has
been an extensive discussion of this on the Eventide Helps list,
since Harmonizers take the TRS type but many people are using mono
volume pedals as controllers. In that case the wiring method I
described works, but a mono pedal with a mono cable will not.

It would be helpful if people here would report what they know
concerning which devices require which type of pedal/cable
combination.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com