RE: Feedback Pedal

> >If it can be controlled via midi, is the
>  >response any different between analog or midi control?
>
>  no. well theoretically you should get slightly better resolution from
>the
>  analog control versus midi, since midi has 7 bits of resolution and the
>  analog has 8. But in practice I've never been able to tell the
>difference.
>
>  kim

actually the MIDI control of feedback seems smoother.
The analog feedback is only checked every so often, so
you get stepping with a quick change.
(Less in Loop4, since Matthias did some extra smoothing)
With a MIDI controller the FB is changed with every instruction
sent/received, which seems to be more often, so the result
can actually be better.

The reason you "need" an analog FB pedal for the EDP is indeed
(as someone said I think) is that the Input Volume only
works on analog. This is a restriction of the hardware, but you
get analog swells which is nice.

Using MIDI controllers:-
when you  set FeedbkCont and VolumeCont params to the
same CC you lose the volume control.

To emulate ReplaceMode in Loop3 use 2 midi pedals
close together (like on the FCB1010) and place your
foot to work both at the same time.(different CCs)

Using 2 midi pedals and one analog with Loop4 in InputMode you have all
possibilities available.

andy butler