Re: Fw: Mixers For Guitar Signal - Opinions/Suggestions Please

Hi,

after a few hours of experimentation last night, and some new learnings!, I
have a bit a dilemma that I would like some input in solving.

I'm basically using 2 guitar amps.  One outputs the guitar signal thru the
send into ch 1 of the mixer.  The L/R outputs of the mixer are returned to
amp 1 (the original signal) and amp 2 (into the amp's return).

The effected sound thru amp 2 is great.  Amp 1 is the problem.  It is a
fender twin with a Mix control on the front - mixing amp signal with the
effects signal.  The more i turn the Mix control, the more the effected
signal comes into the amp, but there goes my guitar tone which I want/must
preserve.  As an experiment, I ran an insert from the guitar's mixer
channel into the amp's return and turned up the Mix knob.  The guitar tone
maintained it's integrity even at a setting of 10 (max) on the Mix knob.
So, the mixer insert stays pretty true to the original guitar tone.

Now, I wonder how I can get the effected signal into amp 1's return without
sacrificing the guitar tone?  That's the big problem.  I want effects
coming thru both amp 1 and amp 2 And my true guitar signal.

I'll experiment more today/this evening.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Michael