EDP Loop3 problem - '000' displayed when tap RECORD

Hope someone can help !
My EDP seems to have got a ghostly midi sync inside. Recently I was using
it

synced up to various devices, and it was working fine. All MIDI devices
were
disconnected from the EDP, but...

Problem is when I now tap RECORD three 000's are displayed and it doesn't
go
into record until I tap record *again*.
As a test, I connected the old Alesis HR16 up, it's displaying the 'beat
dot' but ignores any kind of sync.
I've got Quantize OFF, Sync OFF etc.

What ails it atall ? I'd do a factory default to try and to exorcize it
but
there's no mention in the manual of such a thng and the parish priest is
away.

Much obliged,
Andrew