Re: CALL for WATER SOUNDS

>How about sticking a contact(piezo) mic to the side of the
>tank?
>
>I just started experimenting with a disassembled Radio Shack
>piezo electric buzzer, and it was childishly easy to turn it
>into a microphone.  Don't know yet how the fidelity will be.
>
>The procedure is:
>
>-Buy piezo electric buzzer.
>-Rip plastic shell off, being careful to not bend the piezo element.

you can buy them plain for about a $, in different sizes.
I recently placed one into the hole of a flour pot and then into the
wall a plastic basket to pick up the sound in the water.
Unfortunately, it keeps picking up the resonances of the wall, too
and it sensitive to feedback, to my surprise. Seems the water surface
picks up sound from the air?
But it was fun to play water anyway!

--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org