RE: OT I guess- The 'Terrible Mind' follow-up...

--- MIKO <m-i-k-o@attbi.com> wrote:
> A terrible mind is the result of a society that
> refuses to let you love,

Oh yeah? Well who gets to define love? What if you
"love" molesting children? What if you "love" being
a thief? What if you "love" yourself to the degree
that the entire world should subjugate itself to
your desires?

> that makes the lives of others into an objectified
> spectacle,

It's been my observation that we do quite well at
making spectacles of ourselves.

> and has no
> ability to reach into the hearts of the people
> within the society, help them
> to feel valid and good about themselves, so that
> they can love.

Paging Charles Manson, customer needs assistance
on aisle one.

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe there are valid
reasons why people should not feel good about them-
selves? We will never progress if we insist on
seeing our faults, vices, sins, as virtues. We can
certainly learn from our mistakes; but, we have to
admit our mistakes first.

> A terrible mind is always an indicator of a society
> failing.  But societies
> fail when there's no one specifically in charge of
> what's most important.

Are you referring to God?

I guess not.

> We need to elect a President of Self-Worth and make
> him (or her) responsible
> for guiding people toward the love they need.  And
> this President of Love
> needs the power to change the rules so that they
> actually work- so that the
> society of the human mind keeps a space open for the
> society of human
> hearts- every heart, everywhere.

I nominate Pat Buchanan. Don't laugh, it's no more
stupid than any name you'll come up with.

Miko, I know I'm coming on a bit strong; but, has
there ever been a dictator who didn't achieve power
by making "the people" think he loved them? Caesar
loved the mobs of Rome, Stalin loved the workers,
and Hitler loved the German Volk.

I imagine the world will love itslf to death one day.

John

=====
John Tidwell