Re: What Looper's Delight is ...

--- Scott McGregor Moore <scott@dreamstate.to> wrote:

> I'm sure this isn't what you're looking for - but I'd really appreciate
> having a little (ld) or (LD) at the beginning of the subject lines
> for each post. It's pretty normal on the other lists I subscribe to
> and would help me to zero in on my personal e-mail without
> having to send all the LD schtuff (and there's lots!) into a separate
> folder.

I sort mine based on the email address it was sent to. So if the
destination was
"To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com" It goes in the loopers-delight
folder.
Otherwise it goes in my inbox.

The problem with using some text in the subject is that when people reply
to you
personally (instead of the list) using a msg from the list as a basis
(maybe
something you wrote...), the personal email gets lost in the list folder.
I had
this problem with another list I'm on until I changed my filter to use the
To:
address instead of a substring of the Subject. There was a flurry of
activity on
the list at a time I was very busy and I didn't find a personal email
someone
sent me (an urgent request...) which had the list name in the subject, for
several weeks.

Greg