Re: Megaphone (offtopic?)

we used a megaphone in a band i was in years ago.
we went through several radio shack ones and an
older megaphone i can't remember the name of.
the most reliable thing, though less visually interesting,
was an old cb mic plugged into a guitar amp.
pretty gnarly sounding.

i came to hate those radio crap things.
if i wanted one today, i would fork out the bucks for a real one...
they generally have more gain, and thus you can stand further from
the microphone, which helps avoid causing the pa to feed back.