Re: SV: not very reliable live

  Hey Mark, it's Rick's Repeater, and yes, I was linked to a seq, but I'd
rehearsed the particular seq functions and deliberately stayed away from
those I knew caused any Repeater strangeness.  -we'll see, I'll hopefully
have my gear back tomorrow, and will try it again.  -but it shouldn't be a
problem...

Smiles,

CQ

At 12:16 AM 10/10/02 -0700, you wrote:
> [...]
>software.
>
>Mark Sottilaro
>
>On Wednesday, October 9, 2002, at 11:11  PM, Goddess wrote:
>
>>   OK, wasn't going to chime in here just yet, but here goes.  For some
>> odd
>> reason, midi, someone casually pressing a button, which is unlikely in
>> this
>> case, power surge, or just plain malfunction, I selected the first two
>> tracks of a loop for recording, as I finished up the sound check, so I
>> could immediately begin recording with them.  I  didn't check  or
>> touch the
>> Repeater save pressing the record button to begin recording at the
>> start of
>> my set, and then found out that the selected track which should have
>> been
>> the first two, was now in fact track three alone.  I'm expecting my
>> gear
>> tomorrow, so am planning to try to recreate this with my Repeater.
>>   The next thing that happened, after switching to   a new loop to
>> enable
>> stereo pairs, and recording an initial loop, the Repeater only seemed
>> overdub for one pass and then go out of record again.   I may have seen
>> this scenario once with my Repeater, so not sure about it...  I wasn't
>> actually able to get it to go into record mode properly after that.
>> so I
>> needed to keep trying to toggle in and out of overdub to get passes to
>> record.  EEK!!!
>>   since I've rehearsed this with mine, meticulously I might add, since
>> depend on really LEARNING the processes, I tend to think there was
>> something weird going on.  -just my thoughts of course...
>>
>> Smiles,
>>
>> CQ
>>
>> At 05:49 PM 10/9/02 -0700, you wrote:
>>> Show me a piece of gear that can't be broken, and I'll tell you
>>> you're not
>>> trying hard enough.  What do you mean you have to "adapt your
>>> performance
>>> after what is actually possible to do with the Repeater"?  OF COURSE
>>> YOU
>>> DO.  Try doing an 8 min loop on the EDP.  Nope.  Try inserting two
>>> beats of
>>> time into a Repeater loop.  Nope.  Just because you've found the
>>> limits of
>>> a piece of gear is no reason to say it's unreliable.
>>>
>>> I'm telling you people, just like the EDP, the Repeater is an
>>> instrument
>>> that needs to be learned and played.  Practice has helped me
>>> immeasurably.
>>> I'm so used to it that when I got the EDP, that felt awkward, just as
>>> I had
>>> once thought the Repeater was.  I think any high end looper is going
>>> take time getting good at.
>>>
>>> Mark Sottilaro

>> ---
>>
>>   "The only things I really think are important, are love, and

---