RE: SV: not very reliable live

Steve-

I'm on more or less the same path as Rick, and we've briefly discussed this
offline, so perhaps i can chime in, as i've encountered the same situation.

I am wanting to:
a) control the pitch of the Repeater loop via my WX7 windcontroller
AND
b) send MIDI clock to the Repeater.

The Repeater only has a single MIDI in jack, which is standard, of course.
So, what needs to happen is to have a MIDI merge device of some sort that
takes the MIDI from the WC, combines it with MIDI clock and sends all this
info to the Repeater in a coherent way.  I BELIEVE (and Rick can certainly
correct me if i'm wrong) that Rick is having problems with the Repeater
handling these diverse sources of MIDI streams successfully.

As you know, the wind controller has the potential to send substantially
more types of MIDI data, which can 'bewilder' some devices not prepared to
handle the volume of MIDI data.

Hope this helps clarify, i am looking into MIDI merge and MIDI patchbay
solutions as we speak...

cheers,
jim.
p.s.  And Steve, i hear you on the click in the drone on the Repeater.
That
was a big problem for me.  But, i also experience this using the EDP at
times.  I believe that you can solve both through creative use of a volume
pedal, at least i have had success with this, on both the Repeater AND the
EDP.