only a A part?

Rick wrote about Amy:

>... she controlled the record/truncate loop/overdub and on/off
>functions of the EDP from her pads.

she uses the Next functionality to save her several parts.

>  This allowed her to have very dramatic changes of section in her
>songs.  This allowed her to trascend another trend that I have
>noticed in looping festivals:  most people just use an 'A' section
>for their 'songs'
>onstage.
>Amy X would use two and even three different sections to very dramatic
>effect in her songs.

to tease I would say: only if you dont use FeedBack ;-)
my pieces have A, B, C... parts and sometimes its hard to count how
far it goes...

But I am seriously interested in this trends for structuring.

First off: I only saw a demo of Amy and have one piece of here here,
but I was deeply impressed by the way she works, really worth a
listen for all of us!

I wonder where the so typical forms ABACA and such come from and
whether they are needed for the understanding of the public or maybe
are overcome tradition?

One root may be the very old form of the singer counting a story (A
part) and then the public singing the refrain together (B part)
Another root may be the dance forms of the middle ages, with man on
one, woman on the other side and then meet each other and so on, so
there are foreward, backwards, turn arround... parts.
Another reason could be the necessity to remember a song easily...
Then again, such forms are also rules in classical music played from
scores anyway and to complex for the public - why?

It seems that in electronic music, there is less of this structring,
or its rather done by switching instruments in and out, so we
probably would not call those A and B parts?

Why is it that a piece has to end with the theme it started with??
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org