Re: Please lets all sit together now and define what we do!

Mattias,

In a message dated 10/14/02 4:13:10 PM, matthias@grob.org writes:

>I am a bit overwhelmed by all you are contributing. Much of it is on
>the negative side: Its not... Dont define, it may exclude...

[snip]

>More and more I come to the conclusion that "artform" is apropriate.

Pay no attention to us Matthias. It's all just semantics and the
particular,
fussy differences of opinion being expressed here about "ART FORM"
or "NOT AN ART FORM" may just boil down to a language difference
anyway.

I may not particularly define looping is an "ART FORM" in my own
particular way of thinking, but heck, I don't really see any harm
in anybody else talking about it as such.

Clearly, we can all certainly say that there is an "ART" to looping
in some sense or another and no one will argue with you if you put
it in those terms.

I think we've been splitting hairs and getting all "philosophical" on
you. If you believe in it, go ahead and do what you want. It isn't
going to harm anybody, or the "cause" of looping for that matter
if you do. It may even help. Who knows.

You know what they say about "too many cooks" don't you.

Best,

Ted Killian