Re: The LOOP Movements

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:31:40 -0300, "Matthias Grob" <matthias@grob.org>
said:
> I am very exited about what is going on, I cannot think of anything
> else right now and put this down without even reading the latest
> posts:

Wow, I was surprised to see how passionate you are about this.  Speaking
for myself, I can't say I feel that strongly about looping or the music
that results from it.  It is just a tool I use for certain musical
results which are part of a much bigger musical output. (Let's just say
I'm always looking for new ways to make noise :) ) So I don't know if i
would consider myself a part of this movement.

I *do* however consider myself part of a "movement" of musicians who are
open-minded and willing to try new things, and because of this can adapt
to a myriad of situations (like looping, for instance).  Maybe this is
what you are a part of, but most of the people you've listened to or met
happened to be involved heavily into looping? (I don't know, just
wondering...)  After all, movements happen naturally, and sometimes not
everyone in the movement agrees on what the movement exactly is...

Also, as long as the "definition" thread has become, I'm still not sure
what exactly we're talking about.  Right now, as i understand it, your
idea of the website is to promote loop music (that is, innovative music
relying heavily on looping devices, much of it played by participants of
this list) to the general public (not only musicians).  Right? Wrong?
Just wanted some clarification...

Ernesto
--
ernesto schnack