Re: innocent pleasures: was recommended listening/frisell

Mr. T,

In a message dated 10/16/02 11:57:02 AM, Hedewa7@aol.com writes:

     >1) neil young

One I never would have guessed without you mentioning it.
Your repeated mention of him indicates you seriousness.

     >3) terje rypdal

A BIG fave of mine ever since his '78 "Waves" and '80 "Descendre" LPs.

    >11) andré la force, and other folk on this list

Andre is deserving of much more attention than he gets. As much as
I loved "Disruption Theory" I really dig his duet with Eric Oberthaler.
May La Fosse be with you (forgive me I can't resist a bad pun).

     >17) woody aplanalp, but i ain't heard him in some time

He occasionally plays with my pal Jeff Kaiser in So Cal  . . . or
did so a few years back. I used to bump into him at NAMM in
Anaheim and we'd walk around and converse some. Nice guy.
I think we might've shared a bill at the (now defunct) Alligator
Lounge in Santa Monica, CA once.

     >19) wayne krantz: awesome, live!

I keep hearing about him but have never caught him yet.

     >23) have i mentioned neil young?

Yes. Neil is great . . . care to elaborate?

Thanks for the food for thought.

Best,

Ted Killian
http://www.mp3s.com/tedkillian