Online Indian Music Sources (was Terje Rypdal)

Hans wrote:
> I pretty much buy any Indian classical or devotional vinyl I can lay my
> mitts on (which isn't much, around here).

Here are some online Indian music distributors:

www.shrimatis.com
www.khazana.com
www.neelam.com
www.webcom.com/raag/
www.raga.com/  (independent label, also offers some free full-length mp3
downloads)
http://makar-records.com/ (independent label)

I've dealt with all of these sources and have found them all to be
reliable.
They are all able to find just about any in-print recording that you might
want.  The exceptions are Raga Records (www.raga.com) and Makar Records who
distribute only their own releases.  These two independent labels are both
truly labors of love (labels of love?) by some extremely dedicated
aficionados of Indian classical music.  Raga Records specializes in
releasing concert and archival recordings by some great masters,
particularly the sitarist Pandit Nikhil Banerjee.  Makar Records focuses on
releasing excellent quality recordings by artists who are not necessarily
well-known outside of India.  Makar also specializes in releasing a very
thorough representation of musicians from the various gharanas ("schools"
[or localized styles] of music) of North India, as well as different styles
of South Indian classical music.

> I don't know much about Indian music, other than that I like it.

I'm sure you'll very much enjoy raga "Hans-adhwani"  ;-)