Re: EDP switches for drummers

Sometimes avant-garde dancers have used triggers in their clothing to control various things (sample playback, lighting, etc) when they whack on their respective body parts. This might work for a percussionist, although it would probably be best suited to a hand drummer, while a kit player would probably rather have something that could be hit with sticks.

Also, I remember a few years ago, someone on the list sent a link to photos of his customized Steinberger where he'd routed out the uppermost edge to house a row of EDP switches onboard the instrument; expanding this thread to other instruments, are any of you using similarly innovative non-conventional switching/triggering setups?

-t-

 Stuart Wyatt <loopers-delight@solostring.com> wrote:

I saw a drummer once trigger samples using sensor pads that he his with
his elbows...

Do you Yahoo!?