Re: Practice, rehearse, perform

>... "If I wanted to hear the CD, I'd
> sit at home in my living room. The acoustics are better and I don't
>smell like
> smoke when I'm done."

so why don't you just buy the video?

>I enjoy watching people play, especially if they themselves
> are enjoying it (and it shows). The visual definitely augments the sound.
>
> Greg

well, at least you admit your not a musician...
(joke)

really, the term "poser" was coined for this sentiment.
i personally am not interested in adding theater to my music performances.
(not that there's anything wrong with that)

if i were to do that, i would probably collaborate with someone who could
make it their focus.

but once you do so, you shouldn't try to separate yourself from the 80's
metal guy with long
hair and a wind machine holding a power chord, striking a rockstar pose
and grimacing menacingly.
after all, that's all he is doing...
(not that there's anything wrong with that)

btw, it was no accident that the first video on mtv was "video killed the
radio star"
most of the modern audience is more interested in visuals than in music.
i find the general audiences preoccupation with visuals somewhat akin to
people who can't read a book without pictures.

(not that there's anything wrong with that)