Re: Should ambient music be performed live?

I'm not saying that people don't seem to like it.  I guess I just spent
years
playing in pop/rock bands where the band is the show.  With ambient music,
I'm
really not the show any longer.  That's OK.  To be honest, I think it
allows me
to be a better performer, but I can't help but think.  If people aren't
watching
me, why am I doing it live?

So, just to clarify, I'm not talking about the environment.  Believe me,
the
environment at the rave (it was a "chill" downtempo rave) was great.  You
couldn't imagine a better gig.  I'm just wondering if this genera is the
best in
terms of live performance.

Mark Sottilaro