Re: [looper's] RE: First Excursions into Frippertronics

At 5:54 PM -0600 11/25/02, Rick Williamson wrote:
>  >
>>  Here's one for the old-timers and scholars among you: Who was the
>>  first to use that effect?
>>  --
>Sheppard?
>(SP)______________________________________________________________

Somewhat similar end result, but not produced in the same way.

Also, as I recall, the original Shepard tones where actually static,
but as you played notes up and down the scale they never arrived at a
higher or lower octave. I think pitch glide effect was developed by
Risset on the basis of Roger Shepard's work.

The first time I heard Shepard/Risset tones was in Jim Tenney's "For
Ann (Rising)" in 1976 (the piece was made a Bell Labs in 1969).

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://RZCybernetics.com