[looper's] RE: fripp/eno

>>Hey all, a local bar in New Orleans is having an all Brian Eno night and I would like to do a set of Fripp/Eno. What song would you all do? I'm thinking of "Index Of Metals" although "Evening Star" is pretty recognizable.

Also...what did Fripp look like back then?<<

afro, frown. had started sitting down for gigs back in the early crimson days. dark coloured les paul, maybe a custom, can't remember. he was beginning to smarten himself up a bit but still looked like a student. apologies to any students reading this.

how about one of eno's wonderful songs, instead of a loopathon? you should take a crack at "driving me backwards" or "king's lead hat" (his talking heads tribute); I especially like the synth solo in the latter.

or you could get a nice indexy loop going and then intone some choice paragraphs from his me-me-me-tome, "with swollen appendices"; for a real eno in-joke, you could arrange for someone to double-track this with you, like he did with all his singing.

whatever, you must obtain revoxes, even if they're just for show.

duncan/r.m.i./enough slack time today to listen to the whole eno-oeuvre, would that it were here at work with me......

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user
of the e-mail address to which it was addressed, and may also
be privileged. If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may
not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
in any form whatsoever.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please e-mail the sender
by replying to this message.

MTV reserves the right to monitor e-mail communications from
external/internal sources for the purposes of ensuring correct
and appropriate use of MTV communication equipment.

MTV Networks Europe