Re: OT: BBE sonic maximizer

> Uh... I find this a little hard to believe.  How could it possibly know
what the correct signal
> should be like?  I imagine that phase distortion can vary wildly from
device to device and are very
> complex.  Sounds like pseudo science (see: Marketing) to me.  What if you
put it all through your
> cables running in the wrong direction?  What I imagine the BBE sonic
maximizer is doing is adding
> small amounts of eq boost to certain frequencies when they already exist
at some defined level.  Am I
> wrong?

Nope, I agree with you.  I think "correcting the phase" sounds like
marketing-talk to me.  Especially based on my understanding of what the BBE
Maximizer does, which is that it uses a dynamic EQ-ing process.

I imagine it's a lot easier to sell by saying it "corrects the phase"
rather
than "alters the input's phase and frequency".

I *like* the BBE Sonic Maximizer but I don't like deceptive marketing-talk.

Dennis Leas
dennis@mail.worlserver.com