[looper's] RE: Controlling Repeater with fcb1010...

Title: [looper's] RE: Controlling Repeater with fcb1010...

>>With a behringer fcb1010 midi foot controller i can do what i can do with a
digitech fs300 plus other things, or i would need both pedals?............
I would like to have a possibility to control repeater, and then, pressing a
button, the midi controls of the pedals would affect only another unit and
not the repeater. So i have not to buy two fcb1010!
Thanks for answering...<<<

I think I get y'r drift. I have some reservations about the fcb1010, but I haven't really done much with mine, and it seems to be quite popular....

amongst my reservations is this, though. and please, list-members, correct me if I'm wrong: you set up the midi channel for each pedal /globally/. so if your 'peater is on ch15 and y'r fx box is on ch14, they get (say) five pedals each and that's that. then all of the presets you program will have five pedals doing something on ch15 and the other five on ch14.

what I don't like about the fcb is this: the pedals recall presets in the fcb1010. each preset is a snapshot, and may contain up to x-number of programme changes (5, is it?), two controller values, a note-on, set-ups for the pedals (upper & lower limits and an initial value). I may have the details wrong but that's basically what the fcb1010 does. so you might have to programme an entire preset and recall it even if all you want to do is issue a single PC command to (say) put 'peater into record on track 2. this eats up the fcb1010's memory quite quickly and means you can't put things where you want them in terms of (say) having transport commands at the bottom and track selects at the top. and, as I noted before (excuse the pun), the tap tempo works by sending a note-on when you hit a pedal.... but the pedal has to recall the preset to do this, so those controller values that were initialised by the preset the first time you recalled it, they get initialised again. so if one of them is controlling the pitch of one of y'r 'peater tracks and you've altered it with a keyboard or the front panel, the fcb1010 is going to unalter it for you when you go to tap your tempo in.

I wanted a footboard where there were ten switches that could be programmed to send any midi string I wanted, and two controller pedals that could send any CC on any channel. there'd be another pair of switches to change presets, and each preset would have it's own optional setup string that would be sent when it was selected.

you might be able to use the fcb1010 like you want if the PC's don't all coincide, but it's a bit unlikely. and I imagine that I'd have a hard time working the repeater without the comforting immediacy of the hard-wired footswitch (the fs300), however the fcb1010 was set up.

anyway. just my thoughts.

duncan.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user
of the e-mail address to which it was addressed, and may also
be privileged. If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may
not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
in any form whatsoever.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please e-mail the sender
by replying to this message.

MTV reserves the right to monitor e-mail communications from
external/internal sources for the purposes of ensuring correct
and appropriate use of MTV communication equipment.

MTV Networks Europe