tones etc. frisell, mixers, and all things loopie

In a message dated 12/12/02 11:53:16 AM Eastern Standard Time, laab2000us@yahoo.com writes:

i was actually
thinking of getting a little 1202VL Mackie

i think they sound great.....BUT.....after a few months i realized that i needed more.....if you can get a bigger unit go for it, next to "random play" on a cd machine, effect sends and returns are the greatest invention since sliced bread.....perhaps a larger "beringher" mixer, any thoughts on that?......and all this talk about the best loopers, my advice, collect all the loopers you can, the more the loopier.....as for frisell, i heard my first on "ghost town" a few months ago and was totally blown away, this past weekend i was turned onto "this land" ouch!,  its very cool to have a "hero" when you're my age.....his tone, his playing, his orkestration and most importantly, his composition, WOW.....michael