RE: vst loop plugin

At 11:26 PM -0800 12/14/02, Paul Weissman wrote:

>so i understand what you're saying... you would like to be able to record
>ALL the input you're getting to the plugin and sequencer and then have
>this
>automatically looped back on repeat?  currently we haven't thought of
>actually recording any received midi signals, but that is a possibility...
>it definitely adds a great deal of complexity, but would be very
>interesting.

It would be useful for the looper to be able to recording incoming
MIDI data, and for these data to be editable while it is playing. The
recorded data should be optionally locked to the audio recordings or
independent. For example, suppose you have a MIDI controller that
regulates the loop playback tempo. You may want to use this to create
a regular tempo fluctuation within the looping phrase, starting out
at a steady tempo and the performing a ritardando during the second
half of the phrase. Then you may want to shorten the audio loop by a
couple of beats but keep the tempo fluctuation the same so that the
tempo changes are applied progressively to different portions of the
loop as it cycles.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com