strangness indeed

<PRE>a couple of weeks ago someone commented on what he was thinking of
independently would pop up on LD as a thread.....ive had this happen
several
times (scary huh?).....this time it was the same issue, rack units.....low
and behold, on christmas eve after getting home there was my new rack, a
sweet ''gator" 6 space on the bottom and 10 on top for my mixer.....my 3
electrx boxes fill the bottom and my mackie and Q-2 are up top, still have
room for perhaps 2 more boxes.....boy did this organize my mess but i will
tell you what, this thing being as small and compact as it is is still a
bit
much to schlepp around (im old and puny), im just "talent" for cryin out
loud
not some beer (yum) swillin roadie.....ah the injustice of it all.....now
have to get shorter jacks, question: does having all that mess in the back
effect the sound i.e. long cables running over power chords etc.? do i
need
to "invest" in shorter cables or can i leave well enuf alone?.....im still
sleepin with one eye open for fear of my family, they no longer beleave i
can
win that many contests whereby i get "free" equipment!.....i keep telling
them to have no fear, for when im done getting stuff, ill be able to make
the
BIG BUCK with my tunes.....sure!.....anyway, if you have been wanting to
get
a rack, do so, it will at least protect your tools but do watch out for
the
portability issue.....i got something like 128 lbs. of cables in the thing
alone.....:).....hope the holidays find you all LOOPIE.....michael