Re: Let's LOOP LIBERATE SIBERIA

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rick Walker/Loop.pooL" <GLOBAL@cruzio.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 29, 2002 11:22:AM
Subject: Let's LOOP LIBERATE SIBERIA

> I read Ted Killians charming tale of the Siberian DJ who
> loved his CD (I do too, by the way!!!)
>  and I had this funny thought:
>
> Just for the hey of it,   Let's LOOP LIBERATE SIBERIA
> and help turn this adventuresome and supportive DJ into
> the hippest thing north of Moscow.
>
> Ted, if you are into it,  why don't you post this guys'
> mailing address and let's all send him our CDs.
>
> I have some cool press that I've accrued about the international
> looping movement and can send that to him too, to let him know
> what our community is about and enlist his aid in getting the music
> out to the people of Siberia.
>
> You know the cosmopolitan centers of the world always get the cutting
> edge stuff first in this world.   Why don't we do our part to get
> the stuff out to places that it would normally take a few years to get
>to.
>
> I'll bet he'd dig the hell out of it.
>
> Who knows:    The FIRST SIBERIAN LOOPING FESTIVAL in 2006?
>
> I'd go!

While I'm continually broker than a dog without pockets, and couldn't
possibly go to quite a lot of places not reachable by train or tube right
now, I have to punch in on the Russian situation.  They seem to like
ambient
and electronic music QUITE A LOT, though perhaps not as much as Metal, by
some reports...  One of the first regular downloaders of the Loop of the
Week was in St. Petersburg, who until just a few years ago, was sending
Christmas greetings as well.  One wonders where Alexei is now.  Probably
the
US, where intelligent job-seekers look!

S.P. Goodman
EarthLight Productions